Questions/Advice sought from Scott/Chad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabirdie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My search for a new BC has produced 2 stand outs: the Ladies Stiletto (Lazer) and the Zena. I had no idea that the Lazer existed, until I spoke with Veronica at Zeagle. I have some specific questions and would like your advice.

I originally contacted Zeagle because I dive with a SS1, and wanted a bladder that has an additional dump on the right shoulder. In an OOA emergency, after donating the primary and holding onto the OOA diver with my left hand, I would like the ability to be able to dump air from either the left shoulder pull dump or a right shoulder dump valve. In an emergency I just want to make sure I have all options considered. Veronica was able to locate a bladder that you produce for the Japanese market that has the right shoulder dump on it (#7030CJ). I know this works for the Zena; will it also work on the Stiletto? I would love any advice if my reasoning is wrong for wanting the additional shoulder dump valve.

If I go with the 7030CJ, will I also need to order the shoulder section that is sold to that market, or can the circled thingy pictured below be added to one produced for the US market?

zeagleshoulder.jpg

I will be going to Scubatoys in a few weeks so that I can try on both the Lazer and the Zena, since I know they will have to fit the components separately for my body. I really like the extra storage available on the Lazer, verses the one pocket on the Zena I also wanted to add on the new Zeagle bail-out system. I love the way it tucks in so nicely on the Stiletto. Will this also work on the Zena? Do you have part # and pricing available yet for this option? I would also like to order the new zipper mount with the utility pocket for the other side of the BC. Does this zipper have a part# as of yet?

combined.jpg

A few last questions. What length corrugated hose would you recommend I order to use with the SS1? Are there any pictures of the ladies version of the Stiletto? Perhaps one of Sheri Daye in the custom Lazer she won in the 2005 SBO? My husband has given me carte blanch for this BC. If you can offer any advice for a feature I may have overlooked or any customized options, please let me know.

Thank you!

We do not normally offer the "Japan bladder" in the USA, but since you were told about it by Veronica, we will do it for you....don't tell anyone!!!

It should work on either BC...if there is an issue, we will let your dive shop know, but I think it will be ok.

The BC that we made for Sheri is a Lazer, by the way...:wink:

The zip on mounting platform is part # is 8137. The accessories are the same as the ones on the website for the Ranger LTD.

The Pony Bottle w/ Razor Reg kit is part # 750-6206...it will work with the LTD pony bottle zip on attachment!

Thanks!

Scott

Thanks for the information. I can't wait to be outfitted with my very own VoD, but since this is the ladies version, can I refer to it as the Vestett? :D

I promise not to say a word about the bladder!

Back
Top Bottom