Questions about the new silicone seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bankyf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A local dealer mentioned that they understood that the new silicone zipseals will not be compatible with the old zipseals, meaning an old zipseal suit would need to go back and be retrofitted for new zipseals in order to use the silicone. Can you confirm this rumor? Also, will there be a silicone zip hood coming out as well?
Thanks

from what i have seen the wrist zipseal is the same but the neck zipseal is a larger ring so it will have to go back for the neck seal only

That is actually what I was told and what I was afraid of. Wish I had known about these at DEMA, I would have spent more time at the booth checking it out, but somehow I totally missed it. Seems like they would lose a lot of potential sales to not also make a silicone neck for all of the existing suits out there, but what do I know. Hopefully the official word from DUI will be better news.

i just ordered a 30/30 suit for my wife and ordered it with zip wrist and standard neck i figured when it need a new neck seal i will have the new ring added then since silicone neck seals wont be aval. until summer anyways. atleast i hope she can make it a season on one neck seal..

From what I understand there are going to be two sizes for the neck. They are adding a larger one to accomodate those with larger heads. Other than that, there should be no difference in sizes and should fit all old(er) zipseals.

this was the last i saw:

The opening of the silicon ZipNeck ring is 28.6 inches compared to the current ring which is 25.5 inches. The outside diameter is the same for both rings.

Since it does not appear that DUI will answer this, I will. Per the customer service rep on the phone, the new neck seals will NOT be compatible with the old zip rings. If you want a silicone neck seal you will be sending your suit back for retrofit to the larger seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom