Questions About Scuba Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Cadorette

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,
I'm new to the diving scene and would like to get some feedback from the experienced divers on equipment. I plan on purchasing a kit soon and would like to hear any recommendations for a beginning diver. Has anyone used "EDGE" brand? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

My kit is all SCUBAPRO, except for the mask and snorkel. Some of their stuff is a bit expensive, but it will last forever. I never heard of EDGE, but if you like their equipment get it.

Unless you can do your own maintence and repairs be carefull on what you buy..many dive shops cannot or will not work on certain brands. Not that there most likely be anything wrong or unsafe about it but their tech may not be trained on it or they do not have ability nor access to rebuild kits. No rebuild kit, use generic parts, the tech is taking increased liability and that may not be acceptable at that facility. Edge is one of those brands, along others.

Yes, Scubapro will last forever OR untiill Scubapro discontines their support.

Most shops that refuse to service your regulator are really more interested in selling you a replacement.

Unless you can do your own maintence and repairs be carefull on what you buy..many dive shops cannot or will not work on certain brands. Not that there most likely be anything wrong or unsafe about it but their tech may not be trained on it or they do not have ability nor access to rebuild kits. No rebuild kit, use generic parts, the tech is taking increased liability and that may not be acceptable at that facility. Edge is one of those brands, along others.
I would also ask what the warranty is for the gear , some manufacturers have better warranties.

I bought a Epic Edge regulator set second hand but never used as my first regulator, it has served me well for about 70 dives. I recently bought an Atomic B2 used, like new condition. I had a shop check it out and just got back from a dive trip using it. The main difference I noticed was the with the Edge when I am upside down or inverted it becomes a little more difficult to breath. With the Atomic there was no difference. The Edge is a good value and will do the job well, but will you end up wanting a better regulator later?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom