Questions about going tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MechDiver once bubbled...
Although no one has mentioned it, tech diving is also quite expensive. You may have the best skills in the world, but when reality strikes the wallet, it may not matter. Not to be a party poop.

MD

I know:fury: That sucks, but like most other hobbies, you gotta give something up I guess. Mech, heres a question for ya (and the rest of ya) how much $$ do you have invested in training???

Wendy,
Im in no rush to tech dive right now, I am gonna start diving doubles next year, and taking DIR-F this winter. as far as mixed gas Ive only taken Naui Nitrox.

I will be moving to Florida (Tallahassee) by the end of 2004 and am looking to do Cavern too.

The reason I'm bugging you guys is that I wanna make sure that all my diving $$ are put to good use, dont wanna have to buy things twice or take worthless classes, Im sure some of you guys did that and wich you had someone tell you other wise.

I do have a mentor, and I belive thats the best thing that has happend to me so far (diving related). She introduced me to DIR , and has video taped me to show me all the bad stuff I need to work on. I already had to buy my gear all over again, and wanna make sure it dosent happen again.

WaterDawg once bubbled...

I know:fury: That sucks, but like most other hobbies, you gotta give something up I guess. Mech, heres a question for ya (and the rest of ya) how much $$ do you have invested in training???

If you count cost of courses, necessary equipment, travel and accomodations to training sites, etc. I have well over $10k invested in the "tech" side. After that point I decided that any money spent on my own education was money well spent and I quit counting.

Cave Diver once bubbled...

If you count cost of courses, necessary equipment, travel and accomodations to training sites, etc. I have well over $10k invested in the "tech" side. After that point I decided that any money spent on my own education was money well spent and I quit counting.

:wacko: Yeah, I know the feeling well. I'm in the same range, not counting the cost of my Inspiration. I do, however, fully agree with your comment on the value of the education.:wink:

:D I am glad I didn't become because of the love of making lots of money at it!!!:D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom