Questions about Diving near Saint Andrews State Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Reef watcher, Tides for weekend look very good. 70 degree weather with some NW wind. Dive the east side of the jetty.

Heading there for a dive on Sat. to catch that 1:47 PM High Tide. Gearing up under shelter. Maybe see you there.

Tide Chart:

02/09/2008 Sat 06:57AM LST -0.1 L 01:47PM LST 0.2 H 04:38PM LST 0.1 L 11:53PM LST 0.5 H

02/10/2008 Sun 06:14AM LST 0.1 L 12:24PM LST 0.4 H 07:36PM LST 0.0 L

The tides look perfect for a mid-day excursion.

We are planning to make the 6 hour trek down tomorrow.

I hope it's worth it.

How was the dive? Looks like neap tide all weekend. Im going to try and get a dive or two in.

We did 3 dives on Saturday, and 2 yesterday.

I'll upload a few pics tonight.

There was virtually no current. Viz was ranged from 5-15 Saturday, and yesterday 15-20. Viz got better the deeper you went. The water temp was 59-60.

We wish we would have seen a few more fish, but all in all it was a great dive. On the way out we got a good picture of a gator (not in the jetty).:wink:

There was several groups there over the weekend.

I know a large group from Dive Locker on Saturday, and I think South Alabama Divers yesterday.

We will be back soon. That was way too much fun.

When the water gets warmer, you'll notice the marine life flourishing in far great quantities :D Those jetties team with life in the summer.

This was a really good chance to get out there and check out equipment, test your skills and get back in the salt water again. Fish life was very limited, easy diving with slack tides. Plus it was easy to park near the shelters, gear up and in; few people there and warm weather made the weekend.

I dove the jetties last summer and loved it. It was just stunning to see all of the marine life there. Lots of tropicals, coral and an octopus. I dove a couple of hours before high tide. The current was rather strong, but I just drifted to the end and came back on the inside part of the jetty.

When does the marine life show up? I plan on going in May, but want to make sure that all of the "good stuff' is there to see.

David Nolen

I have not made a definate date yet, when are you likley to be there?

When the water gets warmer, you'll notice the marine life flourishing in far great quantities Those jetties team with life in the summer.

I found it to be there are far more fish in the winter. I think the vis may have been kinda limited for them to be seeen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom