Questions about diving in the Galapagos...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ardaiel

New
Reaction score
I'm a fairly new diver, but I was invited on a trip to the Galapagos in June. Any recommendations as to specific sites to dive? I'd love to hit Wolf or Darwin Islands, since I've heard they're great sites for whale sharks, but our tour isn't going that far out. (Probably just as well, since I don't have much experience yet with strong currents)
Also, recommendations on equipment? What thickness wetsuit is appropriate that time of year, and will it require hood and gloves as well? Any other advice?

-Karen

I was just reading the accidents/injuries thread and found a post discussing downwelling. The author mentioned that this is known to occur in the Galapagos... ack! Of course I'll speak with the local DM, but if any of you have dove there before, do you know of the particular locations that are prone to this phenomena?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom