Questions about Aruba in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Byte Me

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife (non-diving) and I are considering going to Aruba in November. Hoping to do it on the cheap using FF miles and a 3 free night certificate (extending it to 5 nights) to stay at one of the Riu Palace places down there and I've got a couple questions.

Am I right in assuming that diving is better in Aruba than Punta Cana DR? That's another option.

Who do folks recommend diving with down there? We'll be there 5 nights so I may get to dive 2-3 days.

Any sites I shouldn't miss under or above water?

How's the weather down there at this time of year? The past 2 years we've gone to the Riviera Maya during this time and it was great - never got weathered out of diving, water still warm, etc.

Thanks!

The diving in Aruba is a LOT better than Punta Cana. I always dive with Romeo at Native Divers.
Phone them as they don't always have time to check emails. Native Divers Aruba Scuba certifications

Some good dives are: Antilla wreck, Jane Sea wreck, DebbieII wreck, Mangel Alto reef, etc
Most of the dive sites are on Aruba - Diving

The weather is good all year around. Go to Aruba Bound! It with give you everything you need to know about Aruba.

I don’t know how the diving is in Punta Cana, so I can’t comment on that.

As for a dive operators I recommend Jads at Baby Beach for the great service they provide and the fact that they are the only operator that dives the sites in the San Nicolas area, where the best reefs are located.

November is the rainy season in Aruba, so it might rain when you are there. The water temperature is usually around 83F in November and the current will already have started to pick up along many sites along the South coast.

To the dive sites that Ontwreckdiver recommended, and considering that you have logged less than 24 dives, I would like to add Rocky Beach (a.k.a. Puerto Chikito) Barcadera Reef, Baby Beach Reef and Indian Head. These last two sites are both great dive sites that are totally ignored by dive operators (except for Jads) because they are deemed to be too far away. These last two sites are literally in the back yard of Jads.

As for top side activities, renting a jeep or ATV and going off road along the rugged but beautiful North coast, is always a lot of fun. The natural pool is also a must see (only accessible with a jeep or ATV).

Yo Dudes,

Just a small change as per the watertemperature in N ov: 73 - 76, definitely NOT 83.

Might I also add a list of nice restaurants to visit: Madame Jeanette, Papiamento, Gasparito, The Bucanneer. These are all a maximum of 3 minutes in the car away from the High Rise resorts area.
For Downtown eating: El Gaucho, Que Pasa, M (former Chez Mathilde). All in the same street (Wilhelminastreet) downtown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom