Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim....what about that end of the lake where we were? Is that the end you're talking about? I just need shallow water and some fish for my camera! I don't care about the manmade 'attractions' as much as I am the fish and vegetation.

I'll talk to Beast but we may wait a couple weeks and see if the weather clears up the bloom any at all. We found out today one of the shops was having a Project Aware clean-up thingy at Twin Lakes next weekend so I suppose we should help clean up our own.

Ya'll let me know when you see an improvement. It can;t be any worse than what we've had the last 2 weekends. Today it was roto-tilling divers!

...the same area where the “Bench” lives. However, I’ve noticed lately the “Bench” keeps moving. One week it’s near one shelter the next it moves closer to another. I haven’t seen any ropes attached but I believe it’s in a tug-of-war. It now lives pretty much between the two north most shelters, give or take who’s around. Reminds me of an old song called; “Stuck in the middle”...

From the two entry docks on the north end and on the west side of the lake just swim along the shore in either direction. The water is still, and I quote, “relatively” clear here. If the sun is out you will be able to photograph without need for a flash. If it’s cloudy bring the flash. It is shallow diving for CSSP (20 ft. and less) and most pass it by as they head to the training platforms or the other “attractions” CSSP has scattered here and there.

Anyway Dee, hope this helps. If another of the TSDT/CSSP crew can give a better or more current perspective I’d love to read about it.

Jim

That's it! I prefer the shallow 10-20' depths 'cause I can usually always get pictures. Beast likes the deep and dark and cold. So I would be fine by myself with the grass and fishies if you guys want to go exploring the deep!

I'll talk to Beast tonight and let you know.

SeaHunt once bubbled...
Now to find that elusive gator; anybody out there actually seen that pesky swamp gator? If so how about a little clue to it’s whereabouts.
If you're near the first platform just south of Cisco, you're not that far from the gator. The entry stairs for that platform are on a bearing of 130-degrees (platform to stairs). Robert says the gator is a bit to the right of that bearing on a boulder at 25 feet.

Haven't seen him myself due to the "tight" vis. But probably have swam a few laps around him without knowing.

SeaHunt once bubbled...
Reminds me of an old song called; “Stuck in the middle”...
:eek:ut: that could be our theme song! :)

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,
Here I am stuck in the middle with you."

Dee --

If you want a macro challenge, you can catch one of the juveniles fishies around all of the grassy areas. And many times, you're likely to see a cloud of "hatchlings" in several areas much like a cloud of gnats in the woods.

All -- my presence at CSSP this weekend is 50-50 right now... depends on how some things fall this week. Will know more as week wears on.

My presence is also very questionable this weekend. I've got my kiddo with me and need to spend time with him.

Also, CSSP is closed all week (M-Th) since Robert and family are down in Coz this week. I was hoping that someone might be able to do a mid week dive and give a better perspective of how the vis is doing. But guess that won't be possible.

Anyway, CSSP will be open for normal business again on Friday at 9am.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom