Question: US Diver HP Steel 120

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anxvariety

Reaction score
Hello,

My friend is selling a US Diver HP Steel 120.. This is exactly what I'm looking for. It was last serviced in 03/01 (hasn't been used since)

Is US Diver a good brand?
Is this tank worth $250?

If not, do you have any reccomendations on where I can find the best products and prices, thanks.

Thanks for your help,
anx

He is no friend if he is selling it to you for $250.

If it were mine and i was selling it to a friend i would sell it for $150.

Andy

I'm going to pay 200 max for it.

Just curious mostly if anyone had anything bad to say about US Divers.

Squid, am I buying it from you? (friend?)

anx

No. But I just saw it earlier today. Figured it had to be the same one. I did not want to give it away on you. I just paid $325 from a local dive shop for the same tank. If you get it for $200 you scored. Good luck on it. By the way the tank is actually made by PST they are very good tanks.

The tank has a DIN valve on it.. my regulator is a yoke connector.

Do I simply need to buy a Yoke insert to put in the DIN valve on the tank?

Thank you
anx

A yoke insert will only work on a 200bar din valve. That tank has a 300 bar din. You will need to get a DIN fitting for your first stage from the manufacture. I got one for my US-Divers 1st stage for about $55. You completely remove the yoke fitting from the 1st stage and replace it with the din.

What is PST and why are there US Diver stickers on it do you think?

I have ScubaPro MK15 regulator.. I guess I'll just take it down to the shop and ask them.. I think they said 60 bucks for the converter is that about right?

THanks,
anx

US-Drivers buys the tanks from PST and puts their brand name on them. Here is a link to the PST web site.

http://www.pstscuba.com/

The tank you are lookin at is the AquaAire Sport HP120. People like them because of their ultra tuff external coating. $60 from a LDS sounds about right.

Back
Top Bottom