Question on Zeagle regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dtcmarical

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My son and I purchased Zeagle regs, mine being 11/03 and my sons 6/04. The dive shop we purchased them at went out of business before we had any service work performed. We could not locate a factory authorized service center in our area(OKC). My regulator was serviced early in 06 at a dive shop that had a tech trained to Zeagle requirements, or that was my understanding at the time. BTW, I looked up my receipt and I own a "DSIV 1st with Envoy Octo". My next dive trip it performed very well, the shop where I was diving said it appears a good job was performed, no leaks, etc. My son has not dove since late '05 and we are leaving in a couple of weeks on a dive trip. Well, when my wife took his equipment to get serviced, the same dive shop said we cannot service Zeagle equipment. After further discussion, he said that Zeagle put their name on Apex(I think), which my equipment most have been, but my son's was the "new" Zeagle so they could not service it. My son's equipment read "Envoy" on the invoice with another line item reading "Envoy 2nd 36" hose". My wife said the dive shop was a little elitest(spelling), saying, to paraphrase, "You must have bought from that shop that wasn't in business very long. Zeagle is more an internet based company.", etc. To be fair, he did say they would "check" to make sure it was working properly, would service the second stages since they were universal, and do the annual service on the BCD. We have been happy with the performance of the regulators, and while am not into all the technical aspects of diving, the test data I have read showed all the Zeagle equipment performed well. I really like my Escape BCD as well. Was the dive shop's attitude typical "my shop has better equipment, you should have came here" or am I missing something? Also, in the future do I need to send off our equipment for service? Any light that could be cast on this would be appreciated.
Darrin

Well your first problem is you live in Oklahoma! Just kidding, I married an Okie. Zeagle is an internet based company! Wow! I bet they are glad to know that. I would suggest a different shop. Contact Zeagle or if things hold true around here, Scott Zeagle will answer you pretty quickly. There must be a shop in OKC or Tulsa that services Zeagle regs and equipment. If worse comes to worse you can always take them to Scubatoys in Dallas. I KNOW they service and sell Zeagle and it would make a great albeit spendy trip. I double dog dare you to go to Scubatoys with a credit card and not come out broke.
As far as Zeagle being good equipment.....I would suggest going to the Zeagle.com website and read some of the testimonials there. That would also be a good place to find out about any dealers in your area.

I just went to the Zeagle site and although this may be dated (they need to update the list for my area - a couple of the shops are no more) here is what they list for OK.

ADVENTURE SPORTS (CODY'S)
3333 WEST HEFNER RD
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73116
United States
Phone: 405-755-7007

DIVE SITE
4405 S. SHERIDAN
TULSA, OK 74145
Phone: 918-664-5717

HORIZONS UNLIMITED SCUBA COMPANY
524 E MEMORIAL RD
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73114
Phone: 405-751-4872 PH&FAX

THE DIVE SHOP
7328 N MAY AVE
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73116
Phone: 405-767-1200

Ditto what AggieDad said, though you can send your regs to ScubaToys for service (instead of driving). I ship mine and I have a local Zeagle dealer I could go to for service.

I love my Zeagle regs (and Zena BC), and because of the amazing customer service provided both by Scott and ScubaToys, my husband just bought Zeagle regs! Zeagle makes excellent quality gear and stands behind it 100%. Tough to find that anymore.

Thanks for the reply. I know the dive shops listed must be dated by at least a year. The shop my equipment was purchased at is Horizons Unlimited. They have been out of business a while, a year+ if not two. Good people that I feel like steered me in the right direction but I guess the dive shop business in OK can be pretty tough. The other dive shops I am not sure about. I asked around last fall when I was servicing my regs, and I know I went to Adventure Sports, but no one seemed to know who was a factory authorized Zeagle shop. I will give the other shops a call and see. BTW Aggiedad, you may be stinging from those beatings Bob and the boys give the Aggies every fall. Maybe that is the resentment toward Okies. Just kidding too, I have alot of family in Texas, some of them are even UT grads, YUCK. Thanks, again.

Made a few phone calls. Adventure Sports did not know if they are still a Zeagle shop or not. Called the one in Tulsa and they are but have changed locations. Will head to T-town next time I want to get them serviced.

I seem to remember one game a couple of years ago that kind of ruined Bob's National Championship run for that year. Of course the next year it was like 77 - 0 - in the first quarter. I love Okies. I sleep with one but of course we moved her to Texas. You guys come on down to Austin and we will go diving in Lake Travis. At least the water is green instead of red. :D

dtcmarical:
Thanks for the reply. I know the dive shops listed must be dated by at least a year. The shop my equipment was purchased at is Horizons Unlimited. They have been out of business a while, a year+ if not two. Good people that I feel like steered me in the right direction but I guess the dive shop business in OK can be pretty tough. The other dive shops I am not sure about. I asked around last fall when I was servicing my regs, and I know I went to Adventure Sports, but no one seemed to know who was a factory authorized Zeagle shop. I will give the other shops a call and see. BTW Aggiedad, you may be stinging from those beatings Bob and the boys give the Aggies every fall. Maybe that is the resentment toward Okies. Just kidding too, I have alot of family in Texas, some of them are even UT grads, YUCK. Thanks, again.

Us Sooners have selective memory, I didn't think we had ever lost to A&M(joking). I am actually fans of the Aggies, both North & South of that muddy thing called the Red River. Hate the Longhorns though. We do get down to Austin every couple of years and will bring the gear and dive in Lake Travis with ya. I have a cousin who wants to get certified, which LDS do you recommend in Austin? BTW, Bob called the dogs off the end of the third quarter on Fran on the 77-0, I remember it well, I was in the stands. The Aggies did get us to a BCS bowl this year, which I greatly appreciated. Glad we made the most of it by being the first BCS conference losing to a non-BCS conference. Should Bob's job be on the line?
Also, read a 10 page thread on the subject of Zeagle. Feel like I am part of the family after all that info. I wonder why in '03 I was still sold a reg made by Apeks? Don't matter, still really happy with all my gear.

I was in the stands that day also. We just had to laugh. We knew it was coming. YES OU should fire Bob Stoops...today. He would look good in Maroon.

Come on down to Austin. We can make fun of the teasips together.

Back
Top Bottom