question on rockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Was just on LP's site looking at fins. Am deciding between jets and rockets. before anyone jumps I'm not DIR yet, but headed in that direction so I'm not at all interested in any kind of splits (unless I can put a dollar in the g-string afterwards:D :11: ) . Any way did aqualung change the straps on the rockets:confused: . The ones LP has appear to use the same straps as the old blades of which I have 2 pair. I also have the spring straps for them. if so I may be ordering a pair tomorrow. If so then I can save 30-60 bucks since I already have the straps:wink: . Anyone bought them recently or know for sure? Thanks

I am not sure if you are referring to the original Rockets or the newer Rocket II. I have beeing using the original Rockets before I start to dive Jets. I personally prefer the Jets over the Rockets. I still use my Rockets when I am teaching (pool and/or openwater) and ain't diving DIR. But every time I ain't in water with my Jets, I miss them a lot.

One of the dive among the DIR community bought a pair of Rockets II after diving in Turtles for some time. He wasn't that impressed himself. He is looking into getting the Jets as well.

Both the Rockets and the Jets would take spring straps. So which ever pair you ended up with, I would suggest to get the spring straps for them. They will certainly make your Rocket/Jets more lovely.

Fin preferences can be pretty subjective so..................................

Love the SP Jets but hated the spring straps. Good old rubber straps for me.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom