Question on Mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divindown,

Are you sure its not plastic ? Feels pretty plastic-y to me ! The same material they use on spgs and depth gauges ...

Its still bugging me as to why they use plastic.

Hehehe... no i'm not sure...... It felt pretty plasticy, compared to my stinger. Plastic explains the reason they include the cover, the reason it is plastic.... Cost.

COST !!!! Dive watches 1/10th the price can use glass crystal. I can't imagine the cost difference is that high ... :) ... or is it ??

Its actually a polycarbonate face. I have had them on watches before. Its light weight and fairly durable. The biggest issue with polycarb is if it gets exposed to some types of solvents it will frost.

I know of another Mosquito owner that uses a scratch remover (sorry the name fails me) on it with a buffing wheel on a dremel. Its the same stuff he uses on his Harley wind screen. It works very well.

Tom

After a bad day at work,(3 1/4" nail thru the hand) I was happy to see my package from diveinn on the porch at home after work. Alright! My new Mosquito! Open up the package, only to find the instruction booklet written in Spanish! DANG! Hop onto the web, pull up Suunto, find page to download the manual in English. Cool. Until the manual only loads up to 36% and stops. Try several times, to no avail. Now, I don't know WHAT to do...it's been "one of those days". Any ideas?

Got my mosquito from Diveinn about four weeks ago and same thing, instructions in Spanish. I sent an e-mail to Diveinn and the next day they replied with the instructions in English as an attachment with their e-mail (took a while to download the message about 3-4 minutes).
max

I juist realized/forgot something!

My Mosquito came with a face guard...Though it appears it was made more for the Stingers round face vs the Mosquito's slightly oblong shape. Seems to work fine even with my new lanyard band. Just a thought.

Does anyone know if Suunto makes a guard created specially for the Mosquito?

I truely love this bd. Thanks to all the kind folks who offered a helping hand! I just finished printing the manual, all 118 pages! (about 1" thick lol) Man, this is an awesome unit! I MAY have it figured out by the time my class starts! :jester: Did I mention I really love this bd?! :hartthrob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom