Question on Kama'aina rates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found a new place to carry my spare air....

Lopaka:
Was referring to dive operations, mostly, for local rates. Guess if there are other places that offer saving a few bucks, that would be cool to know. Already have our Maika'i cards for Foodland.....

Will check on the ID card thing. Probably have to go to the DMV for that if it is like Calif. Need to go there anyway to change the car registration address.
For a state ID you have to go to the recorders? office and you need like 6 thinigs. It,s a royal PITA. A DL would be easer I think.

Wildcard:
For a state ID you have to go to the recorders? office and you need like 6 thinigs. It,s a royal PITA. A DL would be easer I think.
Thanks for the tip, it sounds much different than the Calif. ID card. Have the DMV DL manual to study, sucks you have to pay for the damn thing. Just one more in an endless list of things to do since moving here..................:shakehead

State id card isnt that big of a deal. Its the same as the DMV, you need 2 forms of ID. One to verify age the other to verify social security number.

For state id: http://hawaii.gov/ag/hcjdc/main/hawaii_id_cards/
Need 2 forms of ID: Social Security Card a must, Birth Certificate, Passport, certificate of citizenship or naturalization
If you want a Hawaii address you need to provide proof of hawaii residence (rental agreement, lease, housing contract, etc)
You pay 15 buks and they give it to you right there.

For driver licence: http://www.dmv.org/hi-hawaii/apply-license.php
Need 2 forms: Social Security Card a must, Birth Cert, Passport,Military Id, etc.
Make sure you have no outstanding tickets, parking tickets, etc or they will not transfer it. They run the check first. Then you take the test, if you pass they print your new DL right there and destroy your old DL.

Getting the DL is the way to go for sure. The test is easy, there arent too many different traffic laws. I have both state Id and hawaii DL.

Just remember, you can only have ONE driver license in US. You will have to surrender you Cali DL. Well that is, unless you suddenly "loose" it. But for state ID's, you can have all 50. DLs are just a bit more complex and time consuming to get (test, etc...). So if you move around, just keep one DL and pick up a local State ID if you need it. I haven't had any issues with my state ID... most of the time they don't even ask to see it.

And isn't the DL more expensive than that state ID? Just wait till it expires.

All Kama'aina get a "locals" discount at Shaka Divers. All you need is your local ID and you're good to go. That (obviously) is extended to residents of the other Hawaiian Islands too, not just Maui.

Mele Kaliki-Shaka!

Back
Top Bottom