Question on dir-f card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI already has a "Doubles Experience" type class so get out the silicone grease. :wink:

Questioning whether an LDS, DM or boat captian will hassle you about your qualifications to dive doubles is a valid one because they will and they do.

I agree that some boats have a problem with doubles. I recently moved down south from Pa and have only dove a dry suit and doubles the past four years. I tried to book a spot on a boat and informed them that I dive doubles. (Mostly to make sure there was room on the boat) They told me that I will have to rent an AL 80 for the dive. So instead of diving at gulf shores in AL I will be taking my money and my doubles to Panama city. Now, does my NAUI tech nitrox card give proof that I can dive doubles? The only reason I ask is that it is a Tech card but I know people have taken the class in singles.

melfox26:
You should check and see if PADI has a doubles specialty. You can even get a patch for your hero jacket that states you are a "doubles diver" for the whole world to see, you'll get all the chicks then.

wow, you are reeeeeeally missing the point.

Jasonmh:
I was wondering, has anyone who has taken the DIR-F recently in doubles, did your card say "Trained in Doubles" on it? Mine arrived today, and doesn't say anything like that on it. I was hoping that it would, since some places will not let you use doubles if you don't show that you were trained in them.
Thanks.

I just recently took the DIR-F course and there is no distinction of bring trained in doubles. We took it in doubles and so far have passed the recreational standards and am now going to get rechecked out to pass the technical standards which is higher proficiency in doing the drills and maintainig a 3 foot window of depth difference. We almost passed the tech standards but needed just a bit more practice.

I'm assuming that if you want to pass DIR-F to tech standards, you have to do them in doubles as Tech 1 requires the use of doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom