Question on Changing BP/W Webbing in the Future

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Understand your concerns on the rebuild process. I have a few Deep 6 items too, and looking at their DC for students. Basically both Deep 6 and Hog, and countless others Regs are the same. You will here some debate this, but they are all based on a Apex design. Looking at the service manuals I do not see a difference. The hold up on many shops rebuilding them is, parts, manuals and liability. I have always carried a rebuild kit over seas, even for my old Atmoic's. These days, I email shops in the area prior to travel so I am prepared.

I missed the comment on the DC. The Mares Puck is a decent OW DC, that will get the job done. I have not touched one in years, but the one I used had to constantly be reset for ppo2 or nitrox as it would reset after each dive or day, I forget. The Deep Six DC is very nice at a great price. I got to play with on in Ft Lauderdale a few weeks back. As others have stated though, I too am in love with AI. I would love to see AI be more affordable for Rec divers. New divers will look at their AIR more and in a safer way when it is on their wrist. I teach classes on Non-AI, but on check out dives, if I only have 1 or 2 divers I put AI on them. They all prefer it. I would say use the Mares for now, until you decide your diving direction. Aqualung 470tc is a great AI and a low price, after that I just go to Shearwater, Perdix or Teric depending on style. Awesome part is the same transmitter works all these models so you can buy it now or later.

I don't think I made a comment on a computer, but funny you should mention it. I do have a Deep 6 computer. Unfortunately I have not made any dives with it. I got it last year and planned to dive locally but with COVID and such I didn't get out.

I am looking at buying my gear so I don't have to deal with rentals. Eventually I may upgrade my DC to a shearwater, but that will be in the future.

I don't think I made a comment on a computer, but funny you should mention it. I do have a Deep 6 computer. Unfortunately I have not made any dives with it. I got it last year and planned to dive locally but with COVID and such I didn't get out.

I am looking at buying my gear so I don't have to deal with rentals. Eventually I may upgrade my DC to a shearwater, but that will be in the future.
I am dumb, my brain went to another post on buying gear I replied to. Whoops. Ignore me.

Love to hear some feed back on the Deep 6 DC. Does it old the o2 and PPO2 settings?

I am dumb, my brain went to another post on buying gear I replied to. Whoops. Ignore me.

Love to hear some feed back on the Deep 6 DC. Does it old the o2 and PPO2 settings?

I have not had the chance to use it yet. According to the manual you can set the range of PPO2 from 1.2 to 1.4. I believe this is used as an alarm point and calculates max operating depth. I believe the O2 is set via the NITROX setting and will be used in the PPO2 calculation.

Again I have not used it and am a new diver (no NITROX certification yet) so this is just based off my limited knowledge and reading the manual.

As far as it retaining tissue loading and such if it is used as a rental, there is a "tissue clear" and system reset to clear data between rentals.

I am looking forward to using it this summer though. Once I get some dives on it, I will come back and report on it. My "old" computer is an old Oceanic Veo that my friend gave me. It is a bit dated, but has worked for my limited diving. I am looking forward to the Deep 6 though, it will be a nice step up.

if I go with the aluminum or stainless back plate can I also purchase the soft plate for travel and switch between the two?

if I go with the aluminum or stainless back plate can I also purchase the soft plate for travel and switch between the two?
Why bother, especially if you have the aluminum plate? You would only be saving a couple of pounds. I've been traveling with my SS plate for years without issue.

deleted

Space savings would be the only reason... like for a flight... regardless on making sense or not, it it able to be done?

Assuming you're talking about their Flex Soft Plate Pack, they say it can be done.

alright... I plan on buying it with the ss plate, but like knowing I could switch it if need be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom