Question on 7mm wetsuit...vs dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coldest I've dove in my Hollis neotech (8/7/6) is 7C (44f) and that was miserable. 10c + (50f) I'm comfortable on shallow dives and 13c + (55f) I'm happy for anything

Well got my question answered yesterday for my personal preference....My Black Ice Drysuit is way easier to manage than my NEW 7mm pinnacle tempo wetsuit. Easier to put on ...... My 7mm suit will be finding a new home and I will buy a 5mm and when it gets to cold for that I will go dry. Thanks Everyone for their input...BTW I think my weight loss and being in way better physical shape this year changed how my drysuit fits me and made it way better in the comfort zone...

I loathe the cold. I'm a skeleton. We have a window of about 8 weeks when water is above 70, in those conditions I still dive a 2 piece 7mm farmer John. Anything below that I need to dive dry. My very expensive custom Santi is on its last dives, I doubt it'll make another season. Repairs here too expensive and I can't ship outside of Japan.

Selling pretty much the last of my possessions to fund a custom O'Three Ri 2-100 suit. At around ¥220,000 landed, not an easy target for me to reach.

Point lost.. No idea...

I love diving wet...even in cold salt water.

Mate this is going to rival the smell of napalm in the morning, but to the tune of my cold dead hands

It's like all the little fishes in the plastic bag when you first transfer them for acclimatisation from one fish tank
to another fishies tank, it's only when completely necessary to dive and not to feel the salt water on your skin

Japan Post suspended outward shipping to almost the whole world April 23rd this year, suspension still stands as at today.

They say "a reduction in flights" due to Covid-19, I'm not buying it, that might make things slow but almost zero shipping for coming on 6 months... hmmm?

There is no end in sight and they now say suspension could run into next year.

Inward is ok, just not out.

Canada is ok and some African countries and some SEA. But the US is a no go.

I loathe the cold. I'm a skeleton. We have a window of about 8 weeks when water is above 70, in those conditions I still dive a 2 piece 7mm farmer John. Anything below that I need to dive dry. My very expensive custom Santi is on its last dives, I doubt it'll make another season. Repairs here too expensive and I can't ship outside of Japan.

Selling pretty much the last of my possessions to fund a custom O'Three Ri 2-100 suit. At around ¥220,000 landed, not an easy target for me to reach.

Point lost.. No idea...
Look at Seaskin Simon, 1/2 that price.

Back
Top Bottom