Question on 7' Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that aren't using a DIR harness but are using a long hose, have you practiced deploying and restowing many times, in many situations? How well does it work? Just curious as I've always used a hogarthian harness.

Truly a pearl of wisdom.
Practiceing skills will tell you quickly " what works and what does not" .

Eric

Simple hogarthian harness. No quick releases, 5 d-rings (2x shoulder, 1x left hip, 1x crotch and 1x butt), no chest strap. No games & no gimmicks.

The Hollis solo is close, but you've got to really think about what type of dives your doing, where and what gear you'll need. I see lots of shiny D rings on it, really necessary? Shoulder pads as well. Always a good idea to start with the basic harness and then modify after much though and deliberation. I started with the basic harness, added low profile D rings on the waist for sidemount, added 2 more tri-glides for the bungees etc. your rig may constantly evolve as your skills evolve as well.

The easiest way is to just tuck the long hose under right side of wast strap. I have been doing that before I have a can light. I think it work even better than routing under canister.

Looks like Hollis Elite harness is very similar to DiveRite Transplate. Hollis solo is basically hogarthian harness with extra pair of shoulder d-ring. I made a switch from transplate to basic hogarthian, I think it is a improvement in comfort and stability. Extra pair of shoulder r-ding actually make more confusion because you will not remember which d-ring you clip what gears onto, so you won't be able to retreive your gear without looking.

You have all hardwares you need for hogarthian harness from the elite, why not just go buy 15 ft of webbing. It should NOT be more than $15, give basic harness a try. If you don't like it, you can put the hardnware back to your Elite, and only wasted $15

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom