Question from Brazil!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He-MaN

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there guys. I'm new in this board and I'd like you guys to give me a help to choose my first and second stage regulators.
First of all, I'd like to say that I'm talking from Brazil. So, if I write something wrong in English you guys already know why... :D

Well, there are doubts that I don't understand what it means when you write. What's the meaning of Turret and Swivel Turret?

I was thinking about to buy a APEKS TX100, but after reading some threads I've changed my mind. Now I'm thinking about to buy a ATX50/DS4 combo. I just don't know if it'll be possible to find it here in Brazil! Maybe I'll ask my cousin that lives in USA to buy it to me. What do you think??

Another thing that I'd like to know. What's the utility of the 1/2 medium pressure port of the TX100 first stage??? Where can I use it? Is it totally useless??
And what's the advantage of having two High Pressure ports in the first stage??? I'd like to know this because the DS4 first stage has just one high pressure port. And if it's important maybe I'd better buy another one? :confused:

Thank you very much for your patience. :eek:ut:
If someone wants to help me more, call me at my ICQ 4817987

A turret is a revolving member which carries the low pressure ports. Allows the hoses to move right and left depending on the position of the diver's head and BC fitting. A turret regulator has this feature whereas a reg like the TX100 does not. "Swivel" is the American usage equivalent of the British "turret".

The 1/2 inch LP port is a high flow outlet for the regulator.

Extra HP ports are installed to allow alternate positions for the HP gauge.

Olá,
também vou comprar um ATX50 mas acho que vou comprar com o primeiro estágio DST. É mais fácil de encontrar e mais barato.
Aqui no Brasil, os preços são absurdamente altos. Já pesquisei a internet inteira e o melhor lugar para se comprar é o Diveinn.com
Link para o ATX50 com Octopus ATX40 no Diveinn
Acho que a melhor forma de comprar é esperar algum amigo ir pra Europa...

Fabito

He-Man,

Welcome -- I went to Brasil a few times on business last year -- what a great country!

Regarding the Apeks -- you can try simplyscuba in the UK:
http://www.simplyscuba.com/cgi-binq...ipping_country=United Kingdom Mainland and NI(Economy)

You will see on their site that they offer the DS4 as well as a wide range of Apeks second stages.

Regarding the 1/2 port on the TX-100 -- they apparently did this as a marketing ploy so they could claim improved air flow to your primary reg. I'm not sure if it is really beneficial, and many tech divers avoid them because it adds complexity they don't want (they prefer all ports to be the same size to aid in hose changes).

I saw that fabitolindo also recommended diveinn above -- similar prices to simplyscuba. His recommendation about finding someone you know in Europe is a good idea (or ordering via the internet). Retail prices for Apeks here in the US are much higher than in Europe.

No idea if this will result in big import duties when you receive the merchandise.

The issue you will face ordering online from these shops is that your warranty may not be valid or may only be honored by Apeks Europe......but the price is right

Um abraco!

-Chris

fabitolindo e large_diver, se possivel, me passem o ICQ de vcs para eu poder tirar algumas outras duvidas e para podermos trocar outras idéias!

[]'s

He-Man,

My Portuguese is not very good :confused: ......I think you are telling me something about using your ICQ to share ideas, but I don't know what an ICQ is.

Help me out.

Obrigado!

-CHris

large_diver

I'm sorry, I didn't know that your portuguese isn't good! :D
But you're right! ICQ is a program where we can talk in real time through the keyboard.
If you're interested in it, it's page is www.icq.com and my number is 4817987.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom