Question For You Attorneys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonDawg:
While I had originally wanted to debate you sentence for sentence, as you can see I've decided to edit it out.

You have your notions about the way things work, and there's nothing I can say to change your mind. Heck, I've already tried (as well as others) and you still want to believe want you want to believe. I should have realized that when I pointed out the specific language in the Hawaiian Airlines website, and you still wanted to argue the point.

I will point out something though:

Nope, I don't work for Hawaiian nor any other airline nor any part of the airline industry or travel industry or credit card industry for that matter. I have never ever set foot inside of any of Hawaiian's fleet either.

Poke around a bit and you'll see I've had my own issues with a particular airline. I read my Contract of Carriage and realized my beef with them was more along the lines of crummy customer service and not something I could take legal action against. I've posted my whine here and have vowed to never use that airline again. But I wouldn't go as far as suing them either, nor asking for attorney advice, as unhappy as I was with them.

Let me make one last attempt to get you to interpret my original post correctly.

I did not post any "beef". I posted a question. I didn't in any way say I had an "issue" with the airline. I challenged others to answer the question asked.

Any "issue" you see there is a mirror reflection of your viewpoint, not mine.

So, now I have what appears to be the answer to my question.

there is no Federal law that a business must accept cash contrary to its policy. in other words, there is no Federal law anywhere that says "business, you MUST accept cash as payment."

in the absence of such a law, yes, it is perfectly legal for a business to ask for payment in some form other than cash.

check your state statutes as well just to be sure there is no State law mandating businesses accept cash. i doubt there will be, but you never know

H2Andy:
there is no Federal law that a business must accept cash contrary to its policy. in other words, there is no Federal law anywhere that says "business, you MUST accept cash as payment."

in the absence of such a law, yes, it is perfectly legal for a business to ask for payment in some form other than cash.

check your state statutes as well just to be sure there is no State law mandating businesses accept cash. i doubt there will be, but you never know

Thanks Andy. That's all I wanted to know.

I assumed it was legal. But in today's corporate world one never knows until doing the research.

I gave you the effen word from the U.S. Treasury, give it a rest.

ArcticDiver:
...one never knows until doing the research.

Someone needs to say , "hey thanks Jerald...thanks Ron...thanks Thalas for doing my research", also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom