Question for Scott- Octo-Z

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creggur

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Scott,
Later this week I will be ordering complete Zeagle systems for my wife and I.
Zeagle BCD's, Envoy Regs, and Octo-Z's..

I've found favorable reviews for the BCD's and Regs, but have not been able to find anything on the Octo-Z's, I'm assuming since they are so new.

Have you had a chance to dive with them yet, and are you aware of any reviews or test results that are available about them?...Can't wait to get our new stuff.

I have taken the Octo-Z to about 140ft. I believe that Chad has taken it down past 200ft, and I know that Bert Wilcher took one deeper than that. Chris (from Australia)can chime in with his depths, if he wants to, but it was deep...

The current Scuba Diving Magazine has a review of the Octo-Z, but from real users we have gotten great feedback as well.

Thanks,

Scott

I will check out the new Scuba Diving for the review. Thanks for the quick response, it's one of the reasons I'm going with Zeagle...

Scott,
I picked up the newest issue of Scuba Diving last night, looks like you guys are going to have a winner with the Octo-z. Thanks for the input...

Hi Scott I breathed mine for a couple of minutes at 240ft / 70m.
Outstanding performance from the Octo-Z. I rate the WOB better than the Apeks Octo+ and the Scuba Pro Air II

Cheers
Chriso

I had an Octo - Z along in 200' while spearfishing.

After ascending with a nice gag grouper to 170' I switched to the O-Z from there up to about 60'.

It was easy breathing and simple to vent air from the BC without removing the O-Z from my mouth... by just half-way pressing the deflate button.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom