Question for AZ Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive in there whenever I get a chance, there are a few pretty neat sites for a lake, especially when the water level is higher. We actually photographed a few of the sites we dive when the level was down and the sites where out of the water. I guess my point is it's better than not diving at all.

swimswitheagles:
Has anyone been diving in Lake Pleasant? Is there anything to see? How is the vis? I've got some friends who want to dive it just to log some dives. I would like to know what to expect. Thanks! :)

I haven't dove the old dam yet but I know a couple of guys who just did a few months ago, just like any other lake dive site. I have the other sites marked on gps when I get my gps back.

swimswitheagles:
Thanks for the info Brian! Where are those sites and what's the vis' like? I've heard the old dam is down there? Is that interesting to see?

swimswitheagles:
Has anyone been diving in Lake Pleasant? Is there anything to see? How is the vis? I've got some friends who want to dive it just to log some dives. I would like to know what to expect. Thanks! :)

The vis is anywhere from 3-15ft at Lake Pleasant. Not sure if I have seen it get to 20ft, but I haven't dove it in the winter months.

Mucky bottom, with trees and shrubs, and tumbleweeds. It is pretty cool to come upon a tree under there and instead of birds there are catfish on the branches. There are some rock formations and small walls, that are pretty neat. Like NewdiverAZ said....it is better than not diving.

There is shore access around the Dirty Shirt Area and other spots, just don't remember the area names. There is also a boat called the Diverdown, that takes you out for about $30, in case you get tired of shore dives.

Karen

Back
Top Bottom