Question and Answer (a game)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jepuskar:
This game has been tainted and is now null and void. My post 1197 was never responded to and thus any answers after that are irrelevant as this game is now over.

To answer your question on how has diving impacted my life, it has given me another hobby to spend money on. Plus it has given me something to brag about to all my non-diving friends.

Back to the regularly scheduled questions.

Paul

wstein:
To answer your question on how has diving impacted my life, it has given me another hobby to spend money on. Plus it has given me something to brag about to all my non-diving friends.

Back to the regularly scheduled questions.

Paul

Good save and great answer Paul.

I'm going to leave your previous question "What battle did the famous Marine Corps flag raising occur during?" to some of these ex-military folks on the board. I was going to say the Marines raising the flag at Iowa Jima but I don't think that's correct.

Mel

jepuskar:
This game has been tainted and is now null and void. My post 1197 was never responded to and thus any answers after that are irrelevant as this game is now over.

Hey! I responded... I said that diving affects my life by giving me a break from the throbbing joint pain.
I think it's Iwo Jima too, but I don't have a very powerful history mind.

Why is pound abrieviated "lb."?

Lb. is an abbreviation of Libra, an old Roman unit of weight equal to 12 ounces. The word Pound is Germanic, and describes approximately the same weight (an apothecary's pound is actually 12 ounces). When the British system of weights and measures was established, the word "Pound" was in common usage - English is a Germanic language. However, the abbreviation for "Libra" was borrowed from the Romans, since Latin was still considered the standard language of Europe. This is similar to using the Germanic names for elements (gold, silver, lead) but using their abbreviated Latin names for their symbols (Au, Ag, Pb).
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/oct99/939132912.Ot.r.html

Diving this weekend?

Probably not, the gulf isn't that good of a place to dive right about now. Might go swing the sticks and chase after a little white ball.

Back inflate or vest or b/p-wings?

Paul

wstein:
Probably not, the gulf isn't that good of a place to dive right about now. Might go swing the sticks and chase after a little white ball.

Back inflate or vest or b/p-wings?

Paul

Depends on what I'm doing. Usually a vest 'cause I'm upside down alot, not fond of back inflate.

How many fingers am I holding up right now?

22 fingers!

how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck chucked wood all day?

Paul

wstein:
22 fingers!

how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck chucked wood all day?

Paul

I didn't think that they chucked it around. I thought that they just gnawed on it.

Cheers!

Sorry, you also need a question. "What is the universal sign for: 'DUH' ?

BigJetDriver69:
I didn't think that they chucked it around. I thought that they just gnawed on it.

Cheers!

Since BigJet forgot his question I'll add one.

Have you ever been arrested?

Mel

suthnbelle:
Since BigJet forgot his question I'll add one.

Have you ever been arrested?

Mel

I have found myself arrested by the beauty of a sunset in Hawaii more than onece, Mel.

Now, question: "What is the meaning of IS anyway???"

P.S.---I did amend my first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom