Question and Answer (a game) part 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Appleooza, or 3:10 to Yuma.
I'm not big into westerns
Whats your favorite action movie?

They make non-fiction, non-dive related books? Why would someone want to read one of those?

Okay, since we're moving from segway to segway, I just saw something really, really odd... Check this out:

1. Tanked asked me what the square root of his phone number was - I didn't know it was his phone number, of course, just a number. I Googled, "What is the square root of 5686840" to get the answer, since the Microsoft calculator on my computer (what I usually use when I need a calculator) apparently doesn't have a square root button, even in scientific mode. I thought that curious. :) It does have an "X to the n power," in which I could have used "5686840 to the 0.5 power," but it was easier to Google it.

2. Anyway, the answer prompted Tanked to note that he chose that number because it was his phone number... Which surprised me that he'd freely publish his phone number like that. I was thinking that it'd be funny to call him and phone-prank him, when I realized that he did not include an area code.

...Which prompted me to look at his location - South Jersey... Where I, too, am from. (I grew up in Indian Mills - I think they call it "Shamong" now - just outside of Medford, which is just outside of Cherry Hill). "Wow," I thought... "Small world." :)

3. At that point of realizing our connection (and me obviously knowing what his area code was), inventor stepped in and answered with an Alice in Wonderland reference that included a reference to the short story, "Beware the Jabberwock," which was actually taken from an earlier poem called "Jabberwocky."

4. ...Which was written in the Pine Barrens of South Jersey, inspired by a local tale of the Leeds Devil, better known as the "Jersey Devil."

Do you find this roundabout, weirdly-connected segway coincidental, or is there a deeper meaning?

A drunk redneck who tries to create things?
How ugly would that kid be?

They make non-fiction, non-dive related books? Why would someone want to read one of those?

Okay, since we're moving from segway to segway, I just saw something really, really odd... Check this out:

1. Tanked asked me what the square root of his phone number was - I didn't know it was his phone number, of course, just a number. I Googled, "What is the square root of 5686840" to get the answer, since the Microsoft calculator on my computer (what I usually use when I need a calculator) apparently doesn't have a square root button, even in scientific mode. I thought that curious. :) It does have an "X to the n power," in which I could have used "5686840 to the 0.5 power," but it was easier to Google it.

2. Anyway, the answer prompted Tanked to note that he chose that number because it was his phone number... Which surprised me that he'd freely publish his phone number like that. I was thinking that it'd be funny to call him and phone-prank him, when I realized that he did not include an area code.

...Which prompted me to look at his location - South Jersey... Where I, too, am from. (I grew up in Indian Mills - I think they call it "Shamong" now - just outside of Medford, which is just outside of Cherry Hill). "Wow," I thought... "Small world." :)

3. At that point of realizing our connection (and me obviously knowing what his area code was), inventor stepped in and answered with an Alice in Wonderland reference that included a reference to the short story, "Beware the Jabberwock," which was actually taken from an earlier poem called "Jabberwocky."

4. ...Which was written in the Pine Barrens of South Jersey, inspired by a local tale of the Leeds Devil, better known as the "Jersey Devil."

Do you find this roundabout, weirdly-connected segway coincidental, or is there a deeper meaning?

Whoa! wierd:dropmouth:
Fortunatly I'm closer to the shore (AC, and OC) than I am to where the Jersey Devil hangs out.:devil: But I have been out there.
Pit parties in the pinelands late at night were always fun

A drunk redneck who tries to create things?
How ugly would that kid be?

Ha! Speak for yourself, Yankee. :D I think that'd be one good-lookin' kid! :D LOL...

What are y'all doin' for Easter?

Sleeping in cause the kids are at grandmoms.
How does the Easter bunny have anything to do with Jesus?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom