question about Z2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poseiden19

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my wife just got a new Z2 regulator and neither one of us has had an atomic regulator before. My question is; I notice when breathing in on the second stage it does not seal abruptly like other regulators when not attached to a tank. I know atomic has some unique design properties but is this normal? Thank you for your help.

I use the Z2's as well. This is completely normal since the seal is not achieved until pressurized. Great regs, with a 2 year service interval due to this feature.

As said above it is the seat saver. Because of this feature you want to rinse the reg while pressurized or at least keep the first stage above the second stage to prevent water from backing up into it.

Geek alert - how it works: There is a spring that pushes the seat up against the orifice. However, on the orifice side there is a thin washer that is cusped (aka a wave spring) that backs the orifice away from the seat. The force of the wave spring is over come when pressurized.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom