Question about used gear...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A little corrosion on a metal reg comes off easily with a little vinegar solution (just be sure to not let it sit too long or your chrome will also come off - not that it would make any difference in its usability :) ).

As promised, here are some pics of the units. It turns out the Swimaster is a MR12 II, SN 028308. The Dacor is a "totally balanced" Pacer SN 018475. The Dacor has some minor corrosion interior and exterior, which may be visible with the resized pics and may not. It rubs off easily so a good soaking and a minor scrubbing will get rid of that. So now I'm going to dig up some schematics/manuals and see about finding some parts to rebuild these bad boys.

If anyone can point me to info about mfg dates based on the serial numbers, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll do my own research and call manufacturers and see if they have info on these.

Thanks everyone for the fine advice!

Attachments

• DSC_0341.jpg
    DSC_0341.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_0342.jpg
    DSC_0342.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_0343.jpg
    DSC_0343.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC_0344.jpg
    DSC_0344.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0346.jpg
    DSC_0346.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 48
I recently did a Pacer 950 1st stage. I got the diaphram and hp seat from the Trident catalog through my LDS. The Pacer 2nd stage is really simple to do and the LP seat also came from Trident. I like the old chrome regs.

Back
Top Bottom