Question about the Scout backup light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ninja skills not required....
As I suggested (Blue Dolphin) since you are in So Cal, check in with MHK or Marc Hall and ask them to show you how in person. I may be guessing since I can't see your harness through my screen :wink:, but could the shoulder harnesses be a bit too snug? I am also wondering about those who have wear marks on drysuits from the inner tube rings...are those harnesses a bit snug in the shoulders too? As I mentioned, I am just guessing or trying to offer something else that may help you. Good luck as I am confident that you can work through the Scout light thing with some practice and some in person coaching from a local instructor.

Thanks GUeDiver...

I'll try to hook up with Marc down here one of these days. I'm in Ventura County, not sure where he is.

Sorry I should have provided more info....
MHK is Mike Kane. He does DIR demo days and general DIR dives around the LA area. You can reach him at mhk@gue.com. Marc can be reached at svcfish@yahoo.com and his website is www.sdue.org. Granted, it would be a longer drive to San Diego for you, but they are doing a lot of regular diving there.

As posted, it sounds like your harness is to snug. Last night I unhooked my light just to see how difficult it might be rehooking, since I don't really think about it much. After removing it from the right d-ring, I reclipped the bolt snap to the ring with my right hand, took my left hand an ran it down the harness to locate the piece of tubing, spread it open with the left and and fed the light head in with my right. It took a couple seconds and no ninja skills. Can you reach across your body to access equipement on both sides? If you are "bulging" in the middle, this might be a problem.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom