Question about the mode control

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcclink:
Dee - I like the way you think.

:rofl: I should have read your post first! I could have just said DITTO!

I have to make sure I have the "fork" positioned correctly that turns the camera on and off. I have missed it many times when I pull up I tend to rotate it the wrong way. Just a thought.

jcclink:
The PT-015 seems to rely somewhat on the mode control to position the camera in the housing. It is very easy to have the camera slightly misaligned & still engage the mode control. This torques the small shaft of the control (its centerline does not coincide exactly with that of the outer on/off toggle shaft). I strongly believe that this is a partial cause of the mode control weepage/leak problem. There is a design flaw here. When you put the camera in the housing, turn in on & check the lens alignment with the lens port. The lens & port should be concentric. Its been taking me 3-4 trys to get it close.
hmmm...I guess I'm lucky, I have no problem getting the camera in or out of the housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom