Question about Suunto Vyper Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for comments from vyper air owners. I'm considering this comp vs Galileo Luna (maybe others) right now. I have seen a few people mention the vyper air has to be paired with the tank dongle every time you fire it up. Is that by design or are the posts I've seen regarding that issue some problem with a specific unit?

If it's by design, is it really a hassle or just an extra second and you don't think it's a big deal?

You only have to pair it once, the only time you may have to re-pair it is if somebody else on your dive is using the same pairing code (0-99).

I have had the Vyper Air for a few years and would not really recommend it. First, I have had to replace the battery from what was close to full to all of a sudden dead twice. I have also had to re sync the pairing with the tank 3 or 4 times. No clue why it gets out of whack. I have been looking at getting the Galileo Luna instead just procrastinating as I have to buy a new wireless tank pressure as well.

Also note that Suunto is one of the most ultra conservative algorithms so if you are diving with someone else your bottom time is almost guaranteed to be less than theirs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom