Question about regulator hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver:
Hmm, you're right. It's either one of those that has a Y splitter, or it's just stuck under the velcro.

I've never seen a "Y" splitter. What would that do, eliminate one hose from a first stage port only? Looking at the picture, the BC has a ribbed plastic protector over the dump hose and the LP inflator clips in the back side. The octo does appear to just be under the velcro. How would this dictate that you would be donating your primary? It's more like just a bad routing scheme. An OOA buddy probably won't bother to track down a hose anyway- just grab whatever is most convenient.

IF im not mistake (and i could be) the top of the octo has a male connection that connects to the LP hos efrom the 1 stage and at the bottom of the octo there is a female end that connects to the male of the inflater/dump

So theat the air comes from the LP through the octo and to the inflater. I think i have seen something like it before

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom