Question about Poseidon specific Omniswivel model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phoque

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Quick question for the Poseidon aficionados of the forum: is it ok to use the Poseidon-specific omniswivels on current xstream models which already have an OPV built into the first stage?
Other than the fact that you’ll have unnecessary redundancy of the OPV, is there a disadvantage to doing this, and is it actually preferable to use a regular 9/16 to 9/16 omniswivel? I realize the Poseidon-specific one is more expensive, but this is for instance if you already have that model lying around or you find a pretty inexpensive one for sale (my current dilemma), actually cheaper than buying a standard one.

Thanks very much!

the Jetstream first stages had OPV's as well, there is nothing wrong with having a second OPV on there.
Whether it is preferable or not is up to you. I have a mix of them, but prefer the integrated ones.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom