Question about new/never used regulators -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have two Apeks regulators (XTX200 & XTX50) I purchased in 2009. These have never been used or even got wet. Stored in a cool dry place all these years. The question is, do they need to be serviced before they can be used? Any issues with selling them as is?

Also, any suggestions on a fair price for both with the first stage as shown ?

Attachments

• Scuba-3 SM.jpg
    Scuba-3 SM.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Scuba-1 SM.jpg
    Scuba-1 SM.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Scuba-2 SM.jpg
    Scuba-2 SM.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 66
definitely going to want to service after that long before use as the O-rings do not like sitting. No issue selling them as is though
any suggestions on a fair price?

any suggestions on a fair price?
Right now selling gear is hard, people seem nervous to part with their money, given current world climate I can understand.

Depends how quickly you want to sell it or how much you need the money.

Top dollar around $400 I'd say but right now you'd be lucky to get that.

Good luck.

I believe leisurepro.com buys gear if you are interested in selling, may be easier/more trustworthy than risking E Bay.

You should be able to sell them (at used prices of course), and agreed they need to be serviced before use. I'd probably just let the customer pay for servicing. Some SB members even service their own regs.

For fair price, you can sometimes find similar items listed in the classified sections on SB, or browse ebay for prices, including completed auctions one ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom