question about miflex hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received my miflex hoses last week and rigged them up prior to my trip- they look great, and also allow everything to streamline so much easier. I did nine dives, four were spearfishing in current, in / around wrecks. I had no problem with the hoses whatsoever, and received compliments from others on the boat. I also did five other freshwater spring dives as an excuse to rinse off my gear and, once again, didn't have any problems. Granted these are only a few dives, I just wanted to update. I'll update when I hit 50 and 100 dives with them.

He told me last week that he had sold thousands of HP hoses and 25 had failed
this failure was 'usually' down to user error

Such as sraping the hose against the wreck during penetration or having a heavy SPG dangling without it being clipped off and stressing the hose

.... just telling you what he said, and not suggesting this is the reason for your exploding kit

I find it hard to believe that they could consider rubbing against any type of surface "user error". The core truth is that gear rubs against different things. I certainly agree that a dangling SPG can cause unnecessary stress on the hose, but to say that rubbing against a wreck is user error seems extreme.. $0.02. :idk:

Looks like i spoke too soon - turned gas on for first dive of the day and BANG! HP hose gone in 2 places. It was bought the first week of November.

Damn I feel your pain, been there!

Got some photos:

bursthose1.jpg

bursthose2.jpg

Can see its broken about 4cm from the first stage and again almost directly half way. Both went at the same time with a loud bang as the system was pressurised (air on slowly not slammed etc). Its been low stress use, all its had on the end is a simple SPG (pictured) and clipped direct to left hip d-ring so no heavy hanging consoles, no bends or kinks etc. About as low stress as you can get for a HP hose.

Lol, told ya so. :wink:

The best thing to do with Miflex hoses is to place them firmly in the trash.

The LP hoses are still the best thing ive ever seen especially for twinset routing. There is no chance id go back to the old heavy inflexible ones.

HP is great but has failed. Ive had normal ones fail too.

Got some photos:

bursthose1.jpg

bursthose2.jpg

Can see its broken about 4cm from the first stage and again almost directly half way. Both went at the same time with a loud bang as the system was pressurised (air on slowly not slammed etc). Its been low stress use, all its had on the end is a simple SPG (pictured) and clipped direct to left hip d-ring so no heavy hanging consoles, no bends or kinks etc. About as low stress as you can get for a HP hose.
Good grief...what did XS say?

Back
Top Bottom