Question about charging the DC1000 in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EllyBell

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am traveling to Bonaire in a few weeks and am wondering if I will be able to charge my camera there. I was told they had 127V, 50Hz power and that voltage adapters won't compensate for the 50Hz. My computer power adapter can handle the 50-60Hz so I could use a usb charger for my normal camera but am unsure if I can use the usb connection for my sealife camera to charge it.

So, does anyone have any experience with either charging the camera via usb or has charged their camera safely in Bonaire?

Charging via USB would be the preferable way to do it in Bonaire. If your laptop's charger handles the cycle change, that is the best way to do it. I've tried charging camera batteries there and it didn't work well. Battery performance was WAY down. So go through your laptop and you should be fine. Where you staying? Captain Don's? We have stayed there 3 times and at a condo the last time we went (down south of the airport). If you haven't been there yet, you're in for a treat!!!! LOTS of incredible shore and boat diving available! -Paul

We are staying at Captain Don's. I know the best way would be through my laptop, but I still can't find any literature or anyone that knows if my Sealife Camera can be charged via the USB plug that comes with it. When I plug it in it just connects to my computer, but doesn't say if it's charging at all. I don't want to get down there only to find out I can't charge it at all.

I used my DC 1000 in Bonaire this past September. We stayed at Captain Don's and I used my normal surge strip and my batteries charged just fine. All of them. The SeaLife batteries, the recharageables for strobes and dive lights and the Canon batteries for my SLR. Have a great time.

Dorothy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom