Question about changing tank size to accomodate air consumption rate.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awap,

Thanks for a good idea! As we were both newish divers, we could have used the practice in sharing air. We could easily have "balanced" our AL80's, and then been able to stay down for the full hour. As it was we were practicing various skills anyway, so that would have fit right in :)

Thanks again,
B.

Not to sound like a commercial, but this is where the long hose/bungied backup system comes in really handy. It's pretty difficult to equalize gas supplies by sharing gas on a 24" hose and still diving, whereas you can swim side by side and sightsee on a 5 footer.

Regs are on my are on my shopping list, and I had been eyeing up the 5' hose option.

However, now that I realize it could have given me hours more diving just on that one trip -- on dives were were already on -- well, that makes me sit up and take notice! Not that it didn't already look like a good idea, but this is just one more point in their favor, and not even a "high tech" or rare one; but in 35' in a basic OW scenario,.

B.

Back
Top Bottom