Question about buying Inon stuff from japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm starting to think about buying a strobe for my Canon A70 and its housing. I think I may have decided on getting the D-180 and the Inon lens adapter, base, and strobe arm set. I priced it looking through Yuzo's site and it was 150 or so bucks cheaper than buying stateside (unfortunately, the D180 will have to be backordered). My question is, will I have to pay import duties on this and if so, would it be enough to offset the price difference in buying stateside? Is the shipping rate pretty reasonable? Just minding the cents since next to buying my complete scuba gear, this is the most I will be spending so far (credit card company saying yessss while bank account saying noooooo) :eyebrow: Thnks.

midwestdvr:
I'm starting to think about buying a strobe for my Canon A70 and its housing. I think I may have decided on getting the D-180 and the Inon lens adapter, base, and strobe arm set. I priced it looking through Yuzo's site and it was 150 or so bucks cheaper than buying stateside (unfortunately, the D180 will have to be backordered). My question is, will I have to pay import duties on this and if so, would it be enough to offset the price difference in buying stateside? Is the shipping rate pretty reasonable? Just minding the cents since next to buying my complete scuba gear, this is the most I will be spending so far (credit card company saying yessss while bank account saying noooooo) :eyebrow: Thnks.
I don't know about US import duty - someone else will need to tell you. I know Yuzo says on his site that the D-180 is a backorder thing - but it's worth emailing him to see how long the delivery really will take - sometimes it's ok and he can deliver immediately - he'll also know the shipping costs - and probably the tax thing as well.

If you order from Yuzo, email him with your order, the shipping will be cheaper. Paying by PayPal will get you a small discount, too. I've ordered several things from him and have never been hit with import taxes. Always got my orders in 4 days, too!

Dee:
Always got my orders in 4 days, too!
Yup!! He prides himself on that! He reckons he can deliver to the US quicker than most US dealers do........ Says he doesn't understand why that is! :eyebrow:

Thanks, will have to do that. I finally started seriously thinking about getting a strobe since a lot of my coz pics had some or quiet a bit of backscatter when using the internal strobe. I know I can probably fiddle with them with a comp software but I'd rather take the pic correctly to begin with and do very little post processing. Call me lazy, I guess.

If it helps I'm in the UK and got my stuff from Yuzo within 6 days. Quiker than some of the online orders I place for things over here. Good helpful service too.

KimLeece:
Yup!! He prides himself on that! He reckons he can deliver to the US quicker than most US dealers do........ Says he doesn't understand why that is! :eyebrow:

How do I get in contact with this person. I am interested in getting some underwater gear to go with my Canon A75 - Case, Strobe etc.

Thanks

KimLeece:

Hey...I can get stuff from Yuzo quicker than I can get a letter across Houston!

Back
Top Bottom