Question about Bare Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
Tom, I'm going to look for some canvas high tops per your idea - Did you pull the liners out or leave them in the shoes, and how much larger did you get than your normal shoe size to fit with the neoprene sock in them?
The other thing you can do is to use some beach slippers. Rubber soles with strechy nylon shell.

Tim,
I ended up going about a size and a half larger, but my socks are a little to big so I had to stuff a bit of material into the shoe. What I did have to do was shave the sides of the shoe to fit in my XL jet fins. I tried the beach slipper thing, but the converse were a little more effective at keeping the air out of my feet and keeping the spring strap in place.

Tom

ryanmacneil8448:
hey jeckel where did you get your suit from and how much did you pay? if you dont mind me asking i live in van and am shopping for a suit thanks in advance

I bought it at IDC (www.diveidc.com) . They sell for around $14 - 1600 I think depending on what level of underwear you like.

I'm not sure exactly what I paid as I bought regs, suite, bp & wing etc all at once ... so I got a deal :) Stop by there, they are great people. Tell them you know me ... and they'll probably charge you extra :wink:

Bjorn

Thanks for the idea Jeff, though with all the sandy beach entries I do, I think the converse will keep the sand out better, I've never really liked reef shoes anyway.

Tom - width will not be a problem for me, if anything I would like some larger shoes as my XXL jets are quite lose on my feet at this point - if I wear my hiking boots they fit perfectly :wink:

Next is trying to learn to dive this thing ... I'll just start slow and carefully. Hopefully my one buddy that had dove dry will be free to help me out a bit.

Aloha, Tim

Converse!! That's brilliant! One question, do you experience any issues with your fin springs/straps riding up on your heel while using these?

Back
Top Bottom