Question about Bare Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I contacted Divetank this afternoon about a NexGen drysuit and was told that there was a considerable difference between the 2004 & 2005 models - can anyone verify this or give examples?

Thanks, Tim

kidspot:
I contacted Divetank this afternoon about a NexGen drysuit and was told that there was a considerable difference between the 2004 & 2005 models - can anyone verify this or give examples?

Thanks, Tim
Really? The differences I saw were primarily cosmetic.

That's what I was wondering... not much chance of comparing or even seeing drysuits over here - lol

Thanks, Tim

Tim,
Reading the features it sounds the same as my 2003. The only difference I see is the logos. Skip the lace up boots and get some converse that way you don't loose your ankle flexibility. We should have had you try on mine when we had the chance. I was wearing a large.

Tom

kidspot:
That's what I was wondering... not much chance of comparing or even seeing drysuits over here - lol

Thanks, Tim
Well. I have the 2004 version and a buddy of mine has the 2005 version and they are basically the same, but at the same time I didn't go over his suit in any great detail.

I just purchased a nexgen and my buddy last weekend had the previous generation nexgen.

While I didn't exactly disect the suits :wink: the differences seemed cosmetic to me. Slight differences in the insulation i.e. undewear, on pockets etc. Differnet layers on the older suit regarding protection on the knees. But other than that the suits seemed very similar.

Not sure if that helps you :)

Bjorn

hey jeckel where did you get your suit from and how much did you pay? if you dont mind me asking i live in van and am shopping for a suit thanks in advance

Hey Tom,
No chance I'd fit in yours ... I'm looking at an XXXL ... least till I lose my mid-section which could be a while :wink: Funny but excercise has been improving my heartrate and muscle tone, but not making a difference in my overallsize lol.

Thanks everyone else, that answers my question exactly.

Aloha, Tim

I just got off the phone with DiveTank and my suit should ship out tomorrow - Suit only, no extras.

Tom, I'm going to look for some canvas high tops per your idea - Did you pull the liners out or leave them in the shoes, and how much larger did you get than your normal shoe size to fit with the neoprene sock in them? I'm thinking 1 or 2 sizes larger than normal.

Next is to get pockets on it and install a p-valve.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom