Question about Apeks ATX200 regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kauai_diver

Reaction score
I currently am using a Titan LX reg setup which is a decent reg, especially for the price. I had the recall(diaphram replaced) done. Anyway, my wife is cert'd and is wanting to get back into it. We were in Honolulu this weekend and there was a advertisement on the FM station I listen to about South Sea Aquatics having a big sale on all Scubra Pro and other brands in stock. I figured I'd check it out. I looked them up on the internet and they are a Scubra Pro/Apeks dealer, according to Scuba Pro's/Apeks(Sea Quest US dist for Apeks) websites.

Went there today first thing, and they were swamped! I looked at a S600/MK20 setup, sale price 575.00. They also had the MK20 UL setup for 25.00 dollars more. But when I asked about Apeks, the girl said they had sold all of them but she would look to see what she had left. I was intrested in a TX100 for me and I figured my wife could use the Titan LX.

The clerk brought out a ATX200. It is very nice. After talking to her, she was willing to match the 30% off that she was offering on the Scubra Pro equip. I ended up getting the TX200 for 495.00 +tax(4.17 % in Hawaii), so I went for it. It is a sweet reg and the price was right, as it was selling for 675.00 at a couple of other shops around town that I called.

In the manual it recommends not to use the Apeks with any mix higher than 23.5% O2. Is this the usual liability crap? I thought that you could use Nitrox mixes up to 40% on almost all new regulators? I'm sure you can but would like to hear from someone with Apeks knowledge.

Thanks in advance....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom