Question about Any Water Sports reg service...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I like this shop and it's pretty convenient to me, but have never had service done there before. I called about reg service and the woman on the phone told me they don't do free parts for Aeris regs even if your gear was serviced less than a year ago. I was quoted up to $42 for parts, plus the $80 for the labor.

I've never heard of this before. Every other shop, local and online, that I've spoken to will give me free parts. I have a receipt from the last time it was serviced- June 2011.

Is it possible that I was given incorrect information? Has anyone here had Aeris regs serviced there and would know? Should I call back and ask someone else?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give. I'm also open to other South Bay/Peninsula/Southern Alameda County shops for service if you have one to recommend. I've also considered sending them off to Scubatoys.

The technician at AWS is the best you will find anywhere. Period. The technician is not the woman who answered the phone. It is perhaps possible that you received misinformation. If Aeris has a free parts for life program and you have the required documentation then I would have to doubt that AWS has a different policy, unless they aren't an authorized Aeris dealer. Call again and ask for Ginny, Kevin, or Chris.

Aeris does have a free parts for life program. Dealers however do not have to participate in it. And the free parts for life is not really free. With any reg. You pay for them somewhere. Either on the front end when you buy it or in the middle when you have to take it in every year for service when the fact is that most recreational regs do not need a yearly rebuild. A good inspection where a tech cleans, lubes, and adjusts is often more than enough. I rebuild my Oceanics every 100 dives or two years or when they need it. Now that they see little use as I've switched to HOGs and I just redid all of them this winter it may be three years before they get done again. I will use them in the pool a few times and maybe on a couple OW dives but other than relieving pressure on the seats when I plan to store them for more than 2-3 months They will likely need nothing. And if she has the Aeris AT400 it is the same as the Oceanic cdx5 and the second stage kits are most all the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom