Question about air2's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is???
Weird. I can't imagine how I did over 100 dives wearing a SeaQuest Balance without noticing this "fact"...

In reality, the LPI was on the corrugated tube running over the left shoulder. Same place it is on my wives LadyHawk. Same place it is on my BP/W.

Just because your Seaquest has the usual stuff, they all must be that way! Right? Wrong.

SeaQuest Pro QD with I3 technology.

Buy Seaquest Pro QD with i3 Technology BC X-Small Black/Red from Leisure Pro

SQTPQI3.jpg

Please note the little lever at the bottom.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
they do the Prp Qd with an air 2 aswell as i3

yep MORE stuff to go wrong!!! and repair on a boat in the middle of know where!!!! bye bye holiday

yep MORE stuff to go wrong!!! and repair on a boat in the middle of know where!!!! bye bye holiday

Do you mean you failed to bring adequate spares???

anyone with 15 seconds of time can figure out how to use it.

I think you just perfectly summed up the objections of every diver who has carefully considered combo rigs vs standard octopus rigs and has decided to pass on combos.

I don't think any reasonable person can argue that a combo rig is as simple and intuitive to use as a standard octopus rig is. It is not. Period. You breathe through a standard regulator 99.99 percent of the time you are under water and most people adjust their buoyancy by purging their BC with the hose over their head. In an emergency, you will have to do things differently.

So, then the question becomes: am I confident that, in an actual life threatening emergency, I will be able to think clearly enough to remember to do things differently than I do them 99.99 percent of the time I am diving. If your answer to that question is "yes", and you are willing to make a high stakes bet on it, and the luxury of having one less hose is worth whatever you assess the risk to be (because it is NOT zero), then a combo inflator is a logical choice. For many of us, it simply is not.

If you have not been involved in a real emergency, you do not know how you will handle the stress and panic involved. People do not think and react normally with a liter of adrenaline coursing through their veins and while dealing with a diver who has been without air.

And for those of you who are getting defensive about this discussion, remember that we are not trying to win an argument. We are trying to share our experience and explain the reasons we have reached our conclusions. We think it's safer.

More internet divers.

Certified in 1982, over 1500 dives in over 30 countries.

I see you have 3000 posts here. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom