Question about air2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stojakapimp

Registered
Reaction score
So I just bought a new (well used) ScubaPro BC with air2 and a Tusa regulator that has a normal air hose. Because it has a normal air hose, I will need to either buy an air2 hose or there is an adapter to go from a regular hose to an air2 quick disconnect coupling. I called a dive store and they said that I should buy the hose because air2 hoses are longer since they are used as regulators.

So is this true? Should I buy the hose or would it be ok to just buy the quick disconnect adapter? I'm wondering why they would even sell the adapter when you aren't supposed to use it.

Thanks

Either one is fine...

The length is depending on your corrugated hose's length, not Air 2 itself.

Ok, the air2 is going to use a different hose than a std lp hose. This is because a std LP hose can't deliver enough gas to satisfy the demand of a diver at 100'. An adapter will not solve the problem.

Your LDS is misinformed, length has nothing to do with it. You need to get a hose made for the air2. Any Scubapro shop can solve your problem. You might want to make sure the Air2 uses the same IP range as your other Tusa reg, probably does but doesn't hurt to check. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check with the Scubapro shop.

Scubapro Air II's use Scubapro's standard super flow regulator hose(3/8th fitting) in 65cm length.They then have the small quick disconnect adapter(it has a pull back collar) screwed into that,and that attaches to the Air II.
Both are available as seperate order items from a SP dealer. You can get the superflow hose in 75cm(normal primary reg length) or 100cm(Octopus) and longer sizes as well.

Regards :wink:

So I called another LDS in San Diego and they said that Scubapro doesn't make the air2 hose anymore, just the quick disconnect adapter. Is this true? Did they find out that you don't actually need the bigger hose or something?

And thanks for all the replies so far

stojakapimp:
So I called another LDS in San Diego and they said that Scubapro doesn't make the air2 hose anymore, just the quick disconnect adapter. Is this true? Did they find out that you don't actually need the bigger hose or something?

And thanks for all the replies so far
I found this that might be usefull.
"The Scubapro Quick Disconnect Apatters are a unique SCUBAPRO concept: to quickly replace an LP jacket hose if necessary. Just unscrew the connector and replace the hose with a standard LP hose, eliminating the need to stock several types of hoses.

For use with an Air 2, you should use the 65cm Superflow hose as it has a larger bore for increased airflow although the adapter fits all genuine Scubapro superflow hoses."

It looks like you should have the special "Superflow hose" but I am sure any respectable scubapro dealer will make you up a hose of the correct length and with the correct fittings.
Victor

There's no such thing as an "Air II hose" at least not in the past 10yrs!!

It's a Scubapro superflow regulator hose in 65cm length + the addition of the quick disconnect adapter.

If the 65cm hose is a bit short......simply order the 75cm version!

They use the standard Scubapro regulator hose,complete with the special and awkward splined screw fitting,then simply add the adapter.

It might show it on Scubapro's website....i'm off to have a look.

Yes,it's shown on the Scubapro US website. A nice side on view of the Air II,it show's the standard hose,with the adapter,the adapter is a bit chunkier,and about 5cm long,and has round bands around it.

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom