Quest- Vol, 8, No.4 Fall 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBH

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
T'was in my mailbox today!!!:D. I like them all, but this issue is absolutely fantastic! Excellent articles and some great cave pics in this one.

Yeah I know, Quest Magazine is online at GUE....I just like the glossy version better.:wink:

Well, it isn't on line yet . . . So you are ahead of the game!

Lynne, I'll bet that you'd really like the hard copy version of Quest. It's really high quality and looks GOOD on the coffee table!

Do you have to pay an additional subscription fee to get the paper version? I've been a Quest member for ~year now, and haven't seen a copy in my mailbox. i read the online version, but it would be cool to get them in paper as well.

Electronic version is available now...

How many of you subscribe? Are you generally satisfied with the content and quality? Is it mostly about what GUE is doing or are there continued learning topics as well?

Hunter

I'm a subscriber to the electronic version. I enjoy the topics and quality of the topics that they cover. It beats the hell out of Scuba Diving magazine talking about which regulators/fins are the best of the year. Has anybody noticed that they brands that they say are the best also have the most advertising space in the magazine?

How many of you subscribe? Are you generally satisfied with the content and quality? Is it mostly about what GUE is doing or are there continued learning topics as well?

Hunter

Both. There are typically articles on gear, equipment, team, and environment in each issue. I have found the environment articles rather philosophical vs. scientific. The equipment article on the Gavin was good. I like some of the wreck stories from around the world. Its a nice magazine, well rounded.

There are no "gear reviews" or flashy ads, etc.

There are some interesting articles on decompression, too. The writing is good, and the photography is utterly spectacular. I can imagine that the hard copy is gorgeous; I'm just not willing to spend $100 on a quarterly magazine.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom