Ques about Lands End swimsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemistress:
If I wore a size 6 in clothing at Nordstrom, J.Crew or Speedo, I would wear a size 6 in bathing suits at Nordstrom, J.Crew or Speedo.

But I would take a size 4 in clothing and swim suits at Lands End and LL Bean. (And often Eddie Bauer.)

Do you mean swimsuit often run a size smaller and you take a size larger? That's interesting -- I've never heard that before, and I've been swimming for decades, first competitively, then as a fitness swimmer.

Maybe it's a matter of taste, as far as how one likes one's suits to fit? Lap swimmers tend to like their suits form-fitting because extra material creates drag, which slows them down.

P.S. Congrats on getting a good fit! It's so disappointing when catalog orders don't suit.

What I mean is that I take a size 6 in pretty much every brand. With the exception of Nordstrom's Caslon line where I'm a size 4. But in their (Nordstrom) swimsuits, I'm a size 8. That's not a loose swimsuit--that's very form fitting. I don't do loose :wink:

I'm not sure why, but a size 8 in clothes would fall off me regardless of the brand (I'm definitely not an 8). But swimsuits fit just fine. I don't know if that's weird or not. I just mentioned it in case anyone else had ever experienced this.

I wish I could figure it out. I go by the size chart that LLBean has and I'm good with swimsuits. But the pants all fit loose--much too loose for my liking.

I'm just glad I have swimsuits that fit and look nice on me without my having to look like a Victoria's Secret model.

Go LAnds End; they're the only suit I buy. You can get the tops and bottoms in different sizes and different style cuts on the bottoms to get the high cut. I have a long torso and they're still too short for me, so it's been a struggle anywhere but lands end has been the best. Sizes tend to be true but you can return so easily, you might consider ordering one of each size and just returning the one that doesn't fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom