Ques about diving in Puerto Vallarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathyhannah

Reaction score
I'm looking for information about diving in Puerta Vallarta. I'm new to diving - just got my open water certification this past Feb. I'm trying to plan a trip for this Jan/Feb to Puerto Vallarta but I'm having trouble finding out how diving conditions are that time of year. What is the best time of year to dive there? I'm deciding between there or Cozumel. I'd like the best experience to get my advanced open water cert. Thanks - Kathy

Hello Kathy

has no-one told you about our Mexico forum? :06: Tsk, tsk...

Laurens
BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon

El Orans:
Hello Kathy

has no-one told you about our Mexico forum? :06: Tsk, tsk...

Laurens
BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon
Yes, this in the Introductions forum, we have a Mexico forum, food forum, joke forum, ever popular Whine forum, but mostly - lots and lots of good diving forums. PM me if you need any help find your way around here. Use the link below in my Signature area for that until you learn that little tool.

Let's see, PV is on the Mexican mainland, right? Read more there, or run a Search on it. Then compare with Cozumel on its own forum. Then - go to Cozumel. :biggrinba Great diving, and can be reached from there in one day of air travel.

Also check out our New Divers forum and any others that sound like fun. I never could break into the Instructors Only forum, but - hey, give it a shot. :D

don :cowboy:

Hi Kathy welcome to ScubaBoard. I did my first dive ever in PV, love PV, but the diving in Cozumel is much better. If I had a choise between PV or Cozumel, Cozumel would win hands down.
David

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Well, I can let you know in a couple of weeks what the diving is like this time of year. It's my understanding that the conditions are not as nice during the winter months. I think you'd definitely be better off in Cozumel.

Scott Riemer:
Well, I can let you know in a couple of weeks what the diving is like this time of year. It's my understanding that the conditions are not as nice during the winter months. I think you'd definitely be better off in Cozumel.
i'm here in puerto vallarta right now at an internet cafe on a computer with a broken shift key. we just finished five diving days with pacific scuba.

the diving was great. the visibility isn't the best, but it ranged from 36 to 65 feet...not bad.

during our five days of diving, we saw a total of seventeen octopus, a manta with at least a twenty-foot wing span, sea turtles, countless eels out an about, tons of puffer fish, scallops, lobster, a sea horse, and much more.

pacific scuba did a great job. they stored and washed our equipment between dives. all we had to do was show up, and our gear was ready to go. our divemaster was alex, and he was outstanding. most of our dives were over an hour.

according to your the previous post, you're going soon. i highly recommend pacific scuba. they'll pick you up at the marina in nuevo vallarta and will treat you well.

I just got home! More detailed report coming but Pacific Scuba was great! I did 4 dives over 2 days. First day was at Las Marietas and second day was at Majahuitas. Vis wasn't so great at Majahuitas but I saw a lot and enjoyed the experience of diving in a new place. Look for my trip report soon!

Our DM was Alex. The boat captan was Emilio. They were both GREAT on our trip. Diving in PV is really quite good. Not the best visibility, but we always seem to see great things on our dives there. I look forward to seeing your report.

Sorry I missed you Scott. The visibility has been great the last few days and there are a lot of Mantas at the Majauitas. I´ll post some video this week taken by a friend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom