Quantum vs Kaila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lanie E.

New
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new BCD and would appreciate any insight on the two I have narrowed my sight on. I am contemplating the Mares Quantum and Kaila BCD. Mares seems to have corrected issues with their previous integrated weight system, which was my initial concern. I've not been very successful in looking up reviews or comparisons of the two. They have many similarities, but also some slight differences.

The quantum doesn't have as large of pockets to carry my tools as a scientific diver, but it does have a handle for ease of transfer. Kaila is designed to be more comfortable on females and wraps snug around the tank, but is a little more expensive ($30) and heavy (0.5lbs).

Do any females have either of these BCD's to offer any pros and cons?

Thanks!

With no other responses ... and a quiet moment here at the office ... I don't have either but have a couple of thoughts. If you like the Mares maybe you could add pockets to the belt or have D-rings sewn on where it would be convenient? For a BCD, a $30 difference and half a pound (for me) isn't such a big deal if the fit is good and all my other boxes are checked - so maybe go with the Kaila? FWIW :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom