Quality, low-priced regs (cheap regs)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The simple and easy answer for a low-cost, high-quality reg is the Zeagle Envoy or Envoy Deluxe. Zeagle quality and service is as good as it gets. Don't complicate things for yourself by buying from Leisure Pro. Be smart and get your best deal from a local dealer, then you have good and convenient local service and you're supporting the local dive scene. What's not to like, high quality at a low price while supporting people you want to hang out and dive with.
Rex

Genesis GS2000. The same company that makes the Oceanic Delta 3 2'nd stages makes the GS2000 2'nd stages as well. Order from www.scuba.com and buy the reg for $200, including a genuine manufacturers warrenty.

-Matt

A simple and easy answer for a low-cost, high-quality reg is the Zeagle Envoy or Envoy Deluxe. Zeagle quality and service is impressive. Don't complicate things for yourself by buying from Leisure Pro. Be smart and get your best deal from a local dealer, then you have good and convenient local service and you're supporting the local dive scene. What's not to like, high quality at a low price while supporting people you want to hang out and dive with.
Rex

hoosier:
Which one is in your mind? I have thought that you are "Poseidon" guy.
icosm14.gif

I really don't know? I have a Poseidon, Scubapro, Sherwood, Dacor, Apeks (just an octo) and my son uses Oceanic. Over 20 years of diving I have a nice collection (from the mid-eighties to the early nineties) of older regs, but the itch is starting again...I keep saying to myself I don't need it...just something to get serviced every year...I'll give it a month or so...

I'm thinking of a higher end Apex, Zeagle, or Aqua-Lung. I have used an Aqua-Lung Legend and have used a buddies Apex ATX-100…Oh well…maybe next year I’ll purchase something new.

Wow, you have a lot. I can see what you are saying... It is a kind of addiction.
You might be interested in SP MK17 (it is not a high end though) if it is on U.S. market next year.

I've been very happy with the Oceanic Alpha 7 SP4's I purchased for me and the wife. Sitting on about 70 dives on them combined without a peep of problem. Spent a reasonable amount of time in the 20-30 meter range and didn't see any falloff in performance...even a couple of dive to 36/38 meters didn't result in decreased performace. It's an unbalanced piston, so you'll get increased resistance in the last 500 psi or so. For the price/performance, I think it is a tough setup to beat. CA Dive Center was running a fab special on them a few months ago....

Back
Top Bottom