Quality ikelite housing

Ikelite housing quality

• Bad experience

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Good experience

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the thing is, i will take it to 60 meter (if thats the max range). Even deeper if possible with the housing. It has to work the same on 60 meter then on 5 meter, straight out of the box. I want to use the camera for Uw life (macro + wide angle) but also for deep wrecks, caves and on dry land. If i book an expensive trip i want the camera to just work. I had 0 failures with my fantasea housing up till now, it worked on 55 meter just like it did on 5 meter. It has really seen some deep dives without a problem. I want the same quality with my new camera.

I think that in the long run, you will be happier with the EM1-II. If you think about $750 over the course of 5 years and 100 dives/year you are at $1.50/dive. Dive more and the cost per dive goes down. On a per photo basis using 50 photos/dive the cost is like 3 cents/photo. The big battery makes life way more better
Bill
Forget the kit lens, get the 60 macro lens if you shoot macro and the port for it. If your thing is wide angle get one of the 8 mm fisheyes and the small dome. Yes it sounds expensive but the results will be worth it.
Bill

I noticed that the Omd e1 miii and mii are not that far away in price (especially if you consider the price of the whole set). But the housing will probably be expensive when it hits the market. Still don't know wich model to get, but i still have some time to think about it.

So a kit lens with a wet lens is a no go for good quality? I would like a wide angle lens for wreck/cave. And a "normal" lens and macro lens for UW life shots (For reef dives). But i don't have to buy all of it at once, i also still got my old set. I want to focus on UW life/reef first, so a kit/normal range lens and a macro lens.

I am yet to take an image where the housing has held me back more than conditions and skill level. I happy that you have gear that you are happy with. A couple of screen grabs from my phone, no award winners but for a cheap plastic box not so bad.

clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg
clip_image001.jpg

Nice shots :cool: I hope i can make pic's like that too when i get more experienced.

Some shots with my G9xii compact (i started Uw photography almost a year ago, so still a beginner).

IMG_1224.JPG IMG_1500.jpg IMG_2968.jpgIMG_2239.jpg IMG_2536.jpg

You can see that the higher iso (2000) is taking it's toll in the cave pic. It's only shot with 1 video torch, the other one died earlier in the dive.

20200615_163246.jpg

Thanks for the advice, i ended up buying a OMD1 mii with a nauticam housing. Got the 12-42 ez lens with the ucl165 and a 60mm macro lens.

Really happy with it, hope to get some hours underwater time soon!

View attachment 592454

Thanks for the advice, i ended up buying a OMD1 mii with a nauticam housing. Got the 12-42 ez lens with the ucl165 and a 60mm macro lens.

Really happy with it, hope to get some hours underwater time soon!
Enjoy it & have fun!

Back
Top Bottom