Quacker Noise Maker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I think they only belong in duck hunter's blinds.

I absolutely understand divers dislike for these devices underwater but I am at the point that I am considering one (well maybe not really). When I dive with my buddy I am essentially diving alone. I have tried every other signally device that I know of, and even invented a few, and nothing gets his attention!

If you get one other divers will be hating on you.

A word of caution: They are fantastic for attracting Great White Sharks, Blue Ringed Octopi, Box Jellyfish and Bull Sharks. They'll respond like a giant magnet. I would strongly advise against getting one. And if the aforementioned animals don't get you, I might...

I absolutely understand divers dislike for these devices underwater but I am at the point that I am considering one (well maybe not really). When I dive with my buddy I am essentially diving alone. I have tried every other signally device that I know of, and even invented a few, and nothing gets his attention!
Maybe you should invest in a new buddy instead :D

Where can I buy the quacker noise maker? Is there a specific company that makes them.

Would they attract the attention of dolphins?

In this video the DM uses his quacker to get the attention of his class. But I'm wondering whether the dolphins also got curious?

Diving with Wild Dolphins - YouTube
Theres absolutely nothing pissing me off more than people scaring all the sealife away with their moronic noise devices.
If its quacking, rattling or dinging it scares the **** out of what Im there to see, which means the **** might easilly be scared out of you, by me!

What you need is not a new singaling device but a new buddy..

Maybe you should invest in a new buddy instead :D

i have noticed a tendency for him to want me to get VERY close to large green eels and stingrays! And I don't understand why he keeps swimming up behind me and reaching for my tank valve...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom