Q's about (best possible) DiveMaster training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As Mike described, I too was invited to join my DiveMaster class. And like Ms. GatorGal, I look on it as a huge honor and compliment. So each time I get a chance to work with my instructor, I do my best to live and learn up to his expectations (fortunately, my rare bone head gaffs/goofs are taken as part of the training and learning experience).

And I'll introduce a new concept into knowing you're in a well run DM class.

I'm fortunate that the instructor is more than willing to sit down with me and my fellow candidates for as long as neccessary after an o/w class to debrief us and allow for lots of Q&A time. This time of "this is what I saw" and "this happened, was my response the correct one?" and "as the instructor, what I'm expecting out of you as you progress is" has become invaluable in my eyes. I'm finding that it's this hour or so where the real learning comes in since we can take what happend during the day, hash it out, and really understand and nail down the lessons learned.

So I hope everyone who is in DM training or plans on entering it gets this same level of time with their instructors.

Back
Top Bottom