Qatar diving--tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namabiru

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm relocating to Qatar, and my company is paying a shipping company to send my stuff via sea freight (so it would go in a crate). Here's what I want to know:

1. I'm correct in thinking that it's better to have my own tanks with living in Doha, rather than going through the trouble of renting each time I wish to dive.

2. Are there any considerations I should think about with buying tanks in the States? Will the valves be compatible, for instance? I have my own reg. set, but am just thinking about fillups.

3. How much does air cost in Doha? I know there are a couple of dive shops, as well as the club which meets once a week.

Would greatly appreciate the input!

I am headed there for work this fall, let us know what you find out, I might have to get wet.

You can rent tanks here in Doha Qatar at either Pearl Divers or Marine center.

It's always nice to have your own tanks ready for when you want to dive without having to spend half a day in preparation. Air fills here are 10 Qatari Ryal a tank $3 U.S. The dive shops are near the center of Doha and the popular dive sites are an hour or so away.

Equipment here is expensive. I would suggest bringing tanks from the states and the valves will be compatible. I priced a 15 liter steel tank the other day and it was close to $600 U.S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom